Christmas is all about eating, drinking and being merry. Here are my top picks of alcohol on off this year as well as a few cheeky cocktail recipes!
1. Tequila Rose- Tequila rose is a tequila based strawberry cream liqueur. Made from real dairy, this tequila based liqueur has taken the world by storm. It has a strong taste of fresh wild strawberry with a slight kick coming from the tequila, which gives this liqueur the perfect balance making it not too sweet to drink straight and perfect in a host of cocktails. See my recipee for Tequila Rose blondies!
2. Chocolate wine - Here is something I stumbled upon while walking around the Christmas market. Rubis is an indulgent blend of fortified tempranillo wine and premium chocolate flavour. Notes of rich cherry and red fruit enveloped in velvety premium dark chocolate means Rubis is the perfect Christmas drink, especially as an after dinner treat!
3. Tanqueray Gin- Tanqueray is my favourite gin. It has an elegance that sets it apart from the rest and a flavour that shines in sophisticated cocktails and vibrant gin and tonics. Its great flavour is achieved by the blend of the finest botanicals including juniper, coriander, angelica and liquorice. Here are some great cocktail recipes:-
The Snowflake Ball
50ml Tanqueray London Dry Gin
15ml lime juice
1/2 an egg white
15ml double cream
3 dashes of orange flower water
15ml sugar syrup
Top with soda
Method – add all ingredients but the soda to a shaker and half fill with cubed ice. Shake! And keep shaking until the ice has nearly all gone – strain into a hiball glass with no ice and top with soda until it begins to foam over the top of the glass. Garnish with cinnamon powder.
35ml Tanqueray London Dry
15ml Sugar Syrup
25ml Fresh Lemon Juice
8 Fresh Mint Leaves
10 Frozen Cranberries
25ml Cranberry Juice
Method- Add all the ingredients (apart from the cranberry juice) to a highball and mix together with crushed ice, float the cranberry juice on top and add a sprig of mint
4. M&S Tirimisu Cream- A delightfully creamy liqueur marrying coffee, brandy and chocolate flavours into a blissfully moreish treat. This is another drink that is perfect to have a sip of after a big Chrismas dinner! It is very sweet, but heavenly!
5. M&S Clementine, Cranberry & Pomegranate Bucks Fizz - A fruity twist on traditional bucks fizz, perfect for Christmas Day breakfast. Lovely and refreshing it goes down a treat!
6. M&S Ginger, peach and vodka Bellini- A sparkling cocktail made with white wine, fresh Williams Pear juice, vodka and a touch of festive spice.
Disaronno Wears Versace- Disaronno will be back on everyone’s Christmas wish list this year with another glamourous look, courtesy of luxury fashion house Versace. The Disaronno wears Versace bottle, draped in light blue and embellished with an opulent white gold motif, takes inspiration from Versace’s decadent style and is set to be the perfect gift for fashion lovers this winter.
The Disaronno Versace Sour
You will need:-
50ml lime juice
Shake and pour over crushed ice.
Top with a dash of Prosecco
Drizzle with Blue Cura
25ml Disaronno Amaretto
25ml De Kuyper Crème De Cacao - White
12 Fresh Strawberries
2 Scoops Ice Cream (Vanilla)
25ml Whipped Cream
Blend the first four ingredients together with ice, and a shot of strawberry syrup and pour into a hurricane glass. Float the whipped cream on the top of the drink.
BLOOM and rose Lemonade:- BLOOM Gin, the premium London Dry Gin created by the world’s first female Master Distiller, is launching the second in its range of premium ready-to-serve drinks, available in attractive old-fashioned glass bottles. BLOOM Gin & Rose Lemonade is insspired by Master Distiller Joanne Moore’s English country garden. Joanne wanted to create a delicate, floral gin, particularly suited to the female palette, and took inspiration from the flowers in her own garden.
Three Barrells Honey:- The UK’s favourite French grape brandy, Three Barrels, has been blended with the finest honey flavours to create Three Barrels Honey. The new spirit drink is so smooth and mellow, you won’t want to give up a drop for Saint Nick.
50ml Three Barrels Honey
20ml Fresh lemon juice
5ml sugar syrup
Top with soda
Garnish: Lemon slice
Pour all ingredients in glass except soda, and then add ice
Fill with soda and gently stir, top with ice if required
25ml Three Barrels Honey
Top with Champagne or dry sparkling wine (Cava or Prosecco)
Pour in order listed and stir